Thursday, August 9, 2007

A Drama of Eternal Proportions

In the past day, we have driven across the heartland of America--where the common man roams freely among the corn fields of the Midwest. Nothing quite brings friends together like utter boredom. In about 10 days, I will be going to the land of beer, brats, and Hmong (Wisconsin); the milieu of America is a convuluted one indeed.


As I am writing now (from Sara Riehle's beautiful home in Council Bluffs, Iowa), Carrie Beck is preparing for her bridal photos with Sara and Amanda on the sidelines doing her hair and makeup. Looks complicated, difficult, even mysterious. And it's funny--my idea of "dressing up" would take me aprx. 1 hour, if I were particularly meticulous in my attire. No matter how much men get chastised in the church, there are definitely benefits to being a male.



Stay tuned. We're going to Florence, NE tomorrow (known in Mormondom as Winter Quarters) for Kerrie's wedding; as weddings are wont to do, something interesting is BOUND to happen. So don't blink; you won't want to miss this drama of eternal proportions.

No comments: