Friday, August 3, 2007

Welcome to my World

Welcome friends, family, and even an occasional heckler or two! In anticipation for the great trek East (call it the reclamation of the homeland--I have an ancestor from that neck of the woods), I have thought it proper to create my own little niche in cybersphere, a meeting point for all those interested in hearing my meanderings and musings. Hence the beauty and the burden of modern technology: the beauty because social networks need not depend on geographical proximity. The burden? Well, now y'all have the means to hit me up for money no matter where I am. There are good reasons for becoming a historian: "Oh, ya need 5 bucks...I dunno...money sure is tight these days...."

Even if you have to live in the distant corners of this fine nation, you need not be a stranger! In return, I'll let you in on a touch of this corner of Dixieland: barbeques, derbies, and of course, a fair dose of bluegrass. I might even pontificate on the glories of ancient Rome on occasion...but only after I've watched the grass grow and the paint dry!

Drop a line. Stay in touch. There is plenty of fun here to be had by all.

No comments: