Saturday, March 15, 2008

Frightening

Now those of you who know me well also know that I am a political connoisseur...and as such, have almost no political loyalty. Party, schmarty...we all know they're a bunch of bums away who can only be stomached for a few years anyway. I supported Romney b/c he was the least distasteful, and I'm supporting McCain provided that McCain's staff give me a blindfold on election so I don't have to see myself vote. So on that note...

It takes a great deal to get my emotions rolling on things political. If a person can truly frighten me w/a political story, then that is saying something. And wouldn't you know it, but Mr. Nice Guy, Barack Obama, has done it.

Pastor Jeremiah Wright, Barack Obama's pastor of nearly 20 years, is no ordinary bible-thumper. The following clips give us a glimpse into his Sunday service. Scary stuff. Now just b/c a fellow has a cup of joe with a radical obviously does not make him any less of a leader. I mean, really, I'm sure we've all heard a little false doctrine over the pulpit in our days, and I'm sure we all hope it's not held against us when we all run for president, senate, dog-catcher, or (cough) spouse (cough). However, we are not talking about casual acquaintance...Obama titled his book "The Audacity of Hope" based on one of Wright's sermons. Wright married Obama to Michelle and baptized his children. Wright was Obama's "spritual mentor."

Obama claims that he has never heard Wright say anything controversial over the past 20 years. Even with that, however, we must question Obama's judgment of people. If he can be so close to someone without recognizing their radical roots, how can we trust him to choose the proper individuals for public office? Watch Wright's sermon and decide for yourself...

No comments: